Showing all 3 results
Martell’s Concise Encyclopedia of Modern Philosophy Concepts
Introducing "Martell's Concise Encyclopedia of Modern Philosophy Concepts" – your essential guide to the complex and ever-evolving world of modern philosophy. This comprehensive yet compact encyclopedia is an invaluable resource for students, scholars, and anyone with a keen interest in contemporary philosophical thought. Spanning a wide range of topics, from existentialism to postmodernism, and covering key figures like Sartre, Wittgenstein, and Derrida, "Martell's Concise Encyclopedia" offers clear, accessible entries on the most influential concepts and ideas shaping modern philosophy. Each entry is meticulously researched and written in an engaging, easy-to-understand style, making complex philosophical theories and concepts approachable for readers of all levels. Key Features:
- Over 1,000 Detailed Entries: Explore a broad spectrum of philosophical topics, including ethics, metaphysics, epistemology, and political philosophy.
- Thought-Provoking Insights: Delve into the minds of great philosophers and understand the context and impact of their groundbreaking work.
- Clear and Concise Explanations: Designed to demystify challenging concepts, making the world of modern philosophy accessible to everyone.
- Perfect for Academic Study: An invaluable reference tool for students and educators in philosophy, as well as related disciplines.
- Timeless Resource: A must-have addition to the library of anyone looking to expand their understanding of modern philosophical discourse.
The Book of Chivalric Humanism: A Virtue Based Moral Framework for Atheists
The Book of Chivalric Humanism is a collection of essays and observations that contains the core principles of Chivalric Humanism and is the foundation of its philosophy and dogma. This is a moral framework for atheists seeking useful practical advice for how to live a virtuous and purpose driven life. If you enjoy the books Good Without God by Greg Epstein, Humanism: A Very Short Introduction by Stephen Law, and The Good Book: A Secular Bible by A.C. Grayling, then you you'll enjoy The Book of Chivalric Humanism.
- Are you interested in learning how to become a better, more successful person?
- Do you want to obtain wisdom so you can make better decisions in your life?
- Do you desire the strength of will to endure and overcome hardships?
The Chivalric Humanism Companion
Embark on a transformative journey with "The Chivalric Humanism Companion," a groundbreaking book that redefines the essence of humanism, atheism, and self-help in today’s world. Merging the timeless virtues of medieval chivalry with contemporary naturalistic philosophy, this guide offers a unique approach to atheist ethics, humanist principles, virtue ethics based personal development and ethical living. This companion book should serve not only as a philosophical guide but also as a practical manual for living out the tenets of Chivalric Humanism. By providing context, practical advice, and a means to integrate the philosophy into everyday life, the book will be an invaluable resource for new adherents. As you delve into the chapters that follow, you will find that Chivalric Humanism is not merely an individual pursuit but a collective endeavor to elevate the human experience. It encourages us to strive for personal excellence and to contribute to the greater good, embodying the ideals of the knights of old in a way that is relevant for the world we live in today. This Companion Book is not intended to replace the Book of Chivalric Humanism but instead to complement it by providing clarification of its writings and summarizations of the beliefs. It is a streamlined version that briefly discusses key ideas and concepts described in more detail in the foundational text, the Book of Chivalric Humanism. This book is intended to be used as a reference manual for understanding Chivalric Humanism, a moral framework that bridges the gap between ancient virtues and contemporary challenges. A must-read for anyone on the path of rational self-improvement and ethical living. Key Features:
- Revolutionary Framework: Discover Chivalric Humanism, a philosophy that integrates the nobility of chivalrous duty with modern humanistic thinking. Perfect for those interested in humanism, atheism, and rational self-improvement.
- Practical Guidance for Modern Living: Learn how to apply principles like moral integrity, courage, and rationality to navigate the complexities of the 21st century.
- Self-Mastery and Personal Growth: Enhance your journey towards self-mastery with insights into emotional intelligence, critical thinking, and ethical decision-making.
- Atheism and Ethical Living: A refreshing take for atheists seeking a structured, ethical framework for living a purposeful life without reliance on supernatural beliefs.
- Holistic Approach to Self-Help: Move beyond conventional self-help with a balanced approach that emphasizes long-term wholeness over transient happiness.
- Empowerment Through Knowledge: Arm yourself with the tools for intellectual and moral growth, grounded in evidence and factual truth.
- Building a Compassionate Community: Learn how to foster meaningful relationships and contribute positively to society, aligning with humanist ideals.
- Navigating Life’s Challenges: Gain resilience and wisdom to face life's challenges, guided by the principles of Chivalric Humanism.
- Suitable for Diverse Readers: Whether you're an atheist, humanist, or simply seeking a meaningful self-help journey, this book offers valuable insights and practical advice.